Remiss in My Posting

I have been remiss in my posting the last several weeks, and there are some things that just might not get covered this month.

I have been back in Turkey for about three days and my jet lag is still in full force.  I'd love to know why it is so easy to swap my internal clock when I head west, but it is such a bear to go east.  If you have any scientific data as to why that happens, I'd appreciate it.  Especially if the data agrees with my experience of going east to west and west to east.

In other news, I got to spend 11 wonderful days with Ariel, Dan, and HARPER!  Here is a link to A's blog so you can see the cuteness for yourself.  I'll have pictures of my own up soon, but no photos now.

While I was in Bloomington, I got to really see how wonderful Harper is.  For one, she is such an easy baby.  She loves to eat, loves to sleep, and loves to play.  When she is upset, all you need to do is try one of the other three things, maybe check the diaper while your at it, and then her mood improves or she is off to another of her six daily nap times.

To hear her giggle is heart melting.  She has started getting really excited and lets loose with a peal of giggles when she is into a game.

I also got the chance to reconnect with Comma, my cat.  Ariel thinks that Comma can remember me on some level.  I'm not sure if I think that, but it was nice when Comma would come snuggle with me in the chair as I was reading, or sit on my hip as I lay watching TV.  It was just like she use to do in Portland so I'd like to think she did still remember me on some level.

I've decided that Comma should come back to Turkey with me in the fall.  Adam will be gone, and having another warm body in the house will be a good thing for me.  I'm really not looking forward to the flight with her, but other people have traveled with cats before and those cats don't look the worse for wear.

Quilting was on the docket in Bloomington.  I got two baby quilts done.  One for Lisa Bartee who is due in March, and one for Jen and Scott, friends of Adam's thought the Triumph Club, whose little one just arrived.  As quilts are infinitely more interesting when you can see them, I'll discuss them more when I get my photos sorted. 

And now... back to work for the day.

Comments

Popular Posts