Words, Words, Words!

In case you don't know the reference, there is an exchange in "Hamlet" between Hamlet and Polonious in II.ii.  Here is the exchange if you have know idea what I'm talking about and here is a link to David Tennant as "Hamlet":


LORD POLONIUS
[Aside] How say you by that? Still harping on my
daughter: yet he knew me not at first; he said I

was a fishmonger: he is far gone, far gone: and

truly in my youth I suffered much extremity for

love; very near this. I'll speak to him again.

What do you read, my lord?


HAMLET
Words, words, words.
LORD POLONIUS
What is the matter, my lord?
HAMLET
Between who?
LORD POLONIUS
I mean, the matter that you read, my lord.
HAMLET
Slanders, sir: for the satirical rogue says here
that old men have grey beards, that their faces are

wrinkled, their eyes purging thick amber and

plum-tree gum and that they have a plentiful lack of

wit, together with most weak hams: all which, sir,

though I most powerfully and potently believe, yet

I hold it not honesty to have it thus set down, for

yourself, sir, should be old as I am, if like a crab

you could go backward.
 
Today I thought I should mention what's been going on around here, but I don't really have any pictures to show you, and word are just sort of boring to look at, so I'm giving you a quote.

Anyway, today is the fourteenth of August.  This is Adam and I's fourth wedding anniversary.  We have spent the day doing all sorts of married people stuff.  It's nice to think that we have been married for four years already.  One of the interesting things that Adam and I talked about today was that we have spent every anniversary in a different city: Spokane, Tarsus, Portland, and Maple Valley.  I'm wondering where we will be next year at this time.

My idea is to find a place near here that has those tree house hotel/camping things and spend the night in one of those things.  Let me know if you have a better idea.

Comments

  1. How good is David Tennant as Hamlet? I've watched the whole thing on youtube and it's brilliant. Also, Cassanova is a fun watch if you haven't seen him in that yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him in "Casanova"! I found it when I was going through David Tennant withdrawals earlier this year and was hunting down every little think he has ever been in. I even thought about flying to London to see him in a stage show. It got badly obsessive to say the least.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts