Not My Day

Today has not been a god day for jewelry and me.

Getting out of the van this morning, preparing to get thirteen students to The Hague for a trip, I caught my hand on the door.  This would not be a big deal, but igrabbed the door just right, or just wrong if you will, and I felt and heard a "pop".  The pop was my universi ring exploding into pieces.

The graduation ring is the one in my header that has the large center garnet...  For a visual reference.

On my finger I had the band, and on the ground was the center piece, and four itty-bitty diamonds that had been freed from their setting.

Sad.

Then there was a long day of getting children from point A to point B. There was included in this a moment were two students were stopped at visa control in Holland for having the wrong visa...  Turkish parents don't know how to follow directions any better than their students.

And walking back from dinner, the wind was picking up so I wrapped my scarf tighter around my face.  I felt my hair pull and thought I had it caught in my zipper or something.  That kind of thing happens when you have long hair.  I gave my raid a bit of a pull to free it and heard another ominous "pop".

This time it was my neckless breaking.  Is really bums me out because I was wearing my custom made "Ciara" neckless that I got last summer.  I had gotten my sisters and nieces all similar pieces as well.  Now I don't have one.

I am not getting a break today. Damn pun.

Comments

Popular Posts