TV Catch Up

I've been doing a little catch-up on TV that I'm behind on... Like way behind on.  Years behind on.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer has been my go to show these last few weeks. It's been interesting, sort of like reliving high school a little bit.  Not that I watched this show in high school.  I thought it was weird and I didn't have much patience for it then.  Now it's like watching a time capsule.  The clothing alone is cringe-worthy and slightly imbarrissing to remember.

The series first aired nerly 15 years ago, so now it's like looking at a yearbook.  One of the strangest things is the lack of cell phones that drives the plot.  Things like pay phones, and turquoise land lines are in every episode and the amount of time characters spend trying to get ahold of each other seems excessive.  I keep thinking, "just use your phone," and then I remember what year it is.

Another strange thing is all of the crop tops.  I don't remember the 90s and early 00 having so many belly shirts, but there must have been if every other female character is wearing them.  As I think back to my own closet from this time, I'm really glad all f the pictures I have are in storage thousands of miles away because I'd be compelled to show you one of my gems if I had a photo to show. The combination of the bleached hair and the bad clothes would horrify you.

And now back to the scoobies.

Comments

Popular Posts