US Consul-WHAT?

So, this last week was interesting in that I got invited to a fancy pants party.


In honor of International Education Day (Week?) there was a reception hosted by the USA Consulate in Adana.  The guy with the red tie is the US Consul, John Espinoza.  The party was hosted at his home, a upscale little place in Adana.  Students, teachers, and school heads were invited for two hours of power schmoozing and some snacks. 

My student, the classy one in the black dress above, did a great job showing off her bilingual skills with some of the high-and-mighties  and rubbing elbows with those in her own set. I was super proud of her!

We, my student and I, are working on a plan to invite Mr. Espinoza to come and talk with the MUN club. I hope that can happen because I think they could learn a lot about foreign policy making from him.

Comments

Popular Posts