February Reading List

February had me addicted to George R. R. Martin books.  I was so into the series that I did not read anything else.

1-3. Storm of Swords, Clash of Kings, and Feast of Crows by George R. R. Martin-- this series is addicting.  I flew through the 2,700 odd pages in just about three weeks, so that tells you something about how engaging the story is.  I love things with dragons and magic and adventure, as you know if you have read any of my previous posts about books, but this series has something special.  The multiple view points and the way the story is revealed is captivating.  I love and hate some characters all in the same moment.  I applaud and am horrified by the actions of others simultaneously.  I don't know how it works that way, it just does.  I thought this series was all hype, but now I'm a convert.  Is it "high literature"? No way. However, the characters are vivid and the story is compelling.  It's great Saturday curled up on the sofa, or for a few minutes every night before going to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts