Trip to Arizona

I just got back from a whirl-wind trip to Arizona after a short over-nighter to Spokane.

The first leg had me in Spokane for a grand total of 26 hours!  I helped Serena celebrate her Bat Mitzvah Friday night.  The crowd at Mom and Martin's house was a happy one.  I finally met Ari, and was able to see Saiah and his wife for more than 10 minutes.  The food was delish and the wine was flowing.  Serena did a nice job of leading the service and people seemed pleased with the result.

Saturday I spent time with Kari at Margaret Brown's home in ML.  Margaret hosted a pleasant shower with just a few ladies.  She had Ferry's cater the event and I always love that food, so it was a hit with me.  She also served pomegranate champagne cocktails which were pretty and tasty.

The part that sucked about this trip was driving home Saturday after the shower.  I got home just after 12 am and was up and gone by 4:15 for a flight that left PDX at 6 am.  Needless to say, I spent much of that flight sleeping and was surly, SURLY, with other passengers when, in order to make my connection in San Fransisco, had to leave the security area just to go through the rigmarole 5 minutes and a shuttle ride later.

The time in Arizona was sunny, but not too sunny, and loads of fun.  Sunday after I landed was spent in the pool. Monday we did some tourist shopping, hung out in the pool, and went roller skating after dinner. Tuesday, Adam and I spent all day at the zoo with just Grace and Olivia.  We are good at being Auntie and Uncle, but I give Heather and Kevin all the credit for raising two well behaved girls.

I wish I had more time to spend with the Harris-Mace Family, but I will see them one last time in July before leaving for Turkey.

Comments

Popular Posts