June Reading List

This list is depressingly short this month.  Between all of the late nights getting sewing projects done, packing multitudes of boxes, storing said boxes, and traveling hither-and-thither for this, that, and the other thing, time for reading vanished.

I did manage one for pleasure and two for the new job.


1. The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde- Yet another delightful Thursday Next novel in the series.  I only have one more to read before I am all done.  Proof that these books are good for all readers: Adam picked one up on a night that his Herodotus was just a bit much and now he is on the third book!  Go and get it people.

2. Skellig by David Almond- This is a book that is read at TAC and I didn't know what to expect from it.  It's a little bit of "The Giver" and a little bit "Huck Finn" with a modern, not quite nuclear, family in the background.  The style of the writing is captivating and it's worth the read just so you can experience the writing.  The story was engaging (trying not to give it all away here), and has a magical realism aspect that echos Toni Morrison.

3. The Life of Pi by Yann Martel-  How have I not read this book before?  It is a page turner and takes symbolism to the "wait... which one is the symbol and which is the figure?" place.  It is smart.  It has both heartache and joy.  It's been out in the States since 2001 and I've over looked it too long.  I bet you have too.

Hopefully, I'll have more for you next month!

Comments

Popular Posts