Hodgepodge of Events


We almost took in a cat.  This cat.  People on campus call him Frank, for Old Blue Eyes himself.  When he was living with us for two weeks, he was called Glacier.  You know my distaste of people names for animals.  We are calling him Frank again.  We tried to make him happy as an indoor cat, but he kept climbing the drapes and was starting to shred them to bits.  This is a kitty that needs trees, not drapes.


Here are Adam and I at the Oktoberfest from a few weeks ago.  


This is Carole and Christie, they are also teachers here at TAC.  Carole was freezing because she forgot to bring a jacket and the wind picked up with the rain.


This is a short and entertaining video of the dancing that was the entertainment at the Oktoberfest.
 

This is Ann and Carole at the movie theater.  We sat in the front row and we had foot rests!  "Eat, Pray, Love" was a good show for a bunch of women to go to.

This last weekend, Adam and I, along with 11 other people from TAC, went to this little resort.  The beach is perfectly sandy, the water is warm, and the sun came out to tan my skin.  When I told my students that I was going to the beach this weekend they looked at me like I was nuts.

Okay, it was raining out here in Tarsus on Friday when I told them, but the weekend was a lovely 75 degrees or so. 


Most of the beaches have fresh water showers near by so that you can rinse the salt off before basking in the sun.



This is the little path from the rooms to the main resort where the restaurant was.  The food at this place was amazing!  Here is a picture of Saturday night's dinner.


I know this might seem like a Corona ad, but it's not.  This was one of the dozens of sitting areas that were on the beach.  The water and the sky was a bit bluer in real life, but this captures the restful nature of the weekend.


Comments

Popular Posts