Truth in Advertising: Dead


Let's talk about telling the truth.

This is a little something most of us have picked up on in, say, second grade and the vast majority of us stay pretty much on the level when it comes to telling the truth.

Advertisers don't seem to have the same restrictions on their moral center.

This sign is posted outside of a bar in Adana that I went to on a ladies night out.  The beer menu was fairly impressive so I called Adam and read it to him.  It was his birthday and was the least I could do seeing that I was out without him on his birthday.  (For those of you who don't know us, Adam spends all of his birthdays alone.  I've known him for 10 birthdays now, and I have yet to give him a party or expect he will want to spend his birthday with people.  That's not how he rolls.)

So, Monday night, before my blessed ballet class, we went to the North Shield for dinner.  Of the 10-12 beers on the menu, less than half were available and two were Efes and Miller.

We were crushed.

All Adam wanted was a "Proper Pint" and I failed to find a place to get it.

I did ask on Friday, when I was there, which beers were available, and only one or two were out.  So, either the Turks drank a ton of beer in two days, or the restaurant only had one bottle of each one!

Getting back to the sign.

The place did have beers, plural, but they did not have ales, plural, singular, or otherwise.  My feeling is that if you are going to advertise something then you should have it, all the time, without fail.  If you're not going to have it all of the time, use a damn chalkboard!

Comments

Popular Posts