Big Education News

I've got some big news.  This big news is the reason that I have been really quiet lately.  I've not been able to think of much else, but we have not been ready to make a general announcement. 

So here it is:

Adam will be moving back to the States to complete a graduate program. 

I've not really known how to deal with this. 

1. I'm glad that he will be getting his teaching credentials and that we can both be teaching overseas soon (if you think two years is soon).

2. Adam will be living very far away from me for nearly two years. 

As you can understand, I'm a bit torn on this issue.  We've tried to find programs that he could do from Turkey, but the ones we have found are CRAZY expensive.  So, we've decided that he should move back to the Seattle area and focus on school for an intense 18 month program.

The process has started and Adam is registered for the required exams that he needs for admissions to the program we have selected.  He will be heading back sometime in June, before I head back for the summer break, so that he can take the exams-- exams only offered in the state of Washington by the way.

I know that I'm going to miss him a ton, but I think, we think, this will be good for us in the long run.  Hopefully, we can be that power teaching couple, English and biology, that schools need and we can live somewhere with a vibrant ex-pat community and travel more.

I know that these last two years have been hard on him not working.  I think that this is the only option that we really have if we want to continue to live and work abroad. 


Comments

  1. Wow. That'll be tough. But exciting for him! I hope everything works out exactly how you've planned it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts