Delft-- The Cutest Town Ever

While I was in The Hague, I had the chance to go down to Delft for a few hours.  Delft is about an hour south by commuter train and you get to see some of those iconic windmills on the way.



While I was there, the sun came out for what seemed like the first time all week.  The rest of the time I was in The Netherlands, the visibility was about a block.  This was a bummer because I was on the 9th floor of the hotel and would have been able to see some really great buildings. Would have.


This is me listening to Sara and Deblina's "Stuff You Missed in History Class" podcast as I walked around the city square and up and down the canals.


 This is city hall.  It's super fancy for such a small place, but the town is where all of that blue and white delft pottery comes from, so I bet they had a lot of money at one time.  This square was beautiful.  Directly across the square was a massive church.  I think I counted more churches than coffee shops in this town.

The bells in all of the churches started ringing the hour when I was standing here and it was a really magical moment for me.

Comments

Popular Posts