London Whirlwind Weekend

After just two days in London, I am totally besotted with the place.

Here are some photographic highlights for you to enjoy.

In case you forget which way the traffic is coming, they have these messages all over.
221B Baker Street? That's elementary my dear.
I'm starting to have quite a collection of me at places from fictional books.  I need to start framing them and hang them together on my wall somewhere.  First was the Cullen House in Forks, Wa, then 221 B Baker Street, and a bit later...


The Tower of London is back there somewhere.  Lots of lost heads too!

London Bridge and I

That white building is The Globe.  I'll go there next time.


Big Ben and I, marking the time
The gates of Buckingham Palace

The changing of the guard.  This was nuts with thousands of people watching.
The palace with Ann
A fountain that looks like the one in Spokane where I got married
English Garden in England




Waiting for my turn to get to The Hogwarts Express
Here was the second fictional location of the trip, Platform 9 and 3/4!  If you have suggestions for other fictional locations that I can visit, let me know and I'll see what I can do to add it to my collection.










Comments

  1. You know (ahem) that Sherlock never once said 'Elementary, my dear Watson', don't you?

    *ducks as a pedant rock is thrown at his head*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, sure. But it's still a great phrase! I keep watching all of the Sherlock TV series to see if they will work it in!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts