A Fool for Quilting

I have finished yet another baby, toddler rather, quilt. This one is for my nephew, Benjamin, who is two and fantastic. I finally got the quilt in the mail this week, along with another ration of the Mt. Hood Strawberry Jam my nephew, and brother, loves. Miah told me that he and Ben go through a jar a week! That is evidence quality people.

For Ben I chose sis different machine inspired fabrics. I love the little gears, the big gears, and the space ships. All together the fabric screamed "BOY"! This is a photo of the back of the quilt. If you look closely you can see the quilting. In the center of the stripes there is a wreath of squiggles, and in the other parts there are big and small circles, and I've been told some of the circles look like roses because of how I quilted them.


This is a wide shot of the face of the quilt. The smaller squares are about 4 inches across and the larger ones are about 8 inches. Can you find the one square I made out of scraps?


A better close up of the prints.


And a slightly out of focus shot of the little gears and robots. Like I said, the pattern screamed for a boy to have this quilt.


All in all, I hope Ben likes this blanket and wears it out dragging it all over creation.

Comments

Popular Posts