Life Goes Forward

So, the ablation was a bust. I do remember everything that happened, and I can attest to how weird it is to have probes going through your neck to your heart and giving little electric commands. At one point, I was panting like I had been running for hours, but I was lying still on the operating table.

After this brilliant failure on my part to have the arrhythmia engage, my doctor asked me to submit to a stress test. Okay. Why not? I ran on the treadmill and did the test the Friday after my ablation only to freak out the staff monitoring me when my heart rate stayed over 130 for nearly an hour after the test. I ended up in the ER, again, only to have the damn thing begin to behave itself as the ER doctor came to examine me.

The next step is to stay on my new meds and call the doctor to see what he has learned from the yards and yards of EKG results I gave him. Let's hope it something good.

Then my sister arrived! She finished her adventures in Alaska and is driving back to Illinois. She stopped over in PDX for a few days and we, Adam and I, were glad to have her.


To surprise her, I had finished this little lap quilt for her. It has greens, purples, and golds, and is just the right size to cuddle under while watching TV. This is the front and back.


This is a wide shot of the back.


I have also finished a quilt to have at home. All of the others are to be given away that I have made so far. Adam keeps wondering when I'll make him a shirt, but I'm still into the quilting bug for now. You can see the front with the back in this shot.


This shot is just the front. I have scraps of other projects in here. I seem to be attracted to red, black, and white fabric.


Mom flew down Friday night to go see Baryshnikov dance on Saturday. During the day, I twisted Ariel's arm and got her to take photos of Adam and Me. This is one that Adam took of the girls.


Here are what Adam and I think are some of the best shots of the day. There are a few others, but they may become Christmas cards at some point, so I'm not posting them.

Comments

  1. You are a sewing machine! (See what I did there? Wouldn't Miah be proud of me?)

    I love the quilt. I have already spent many hours underneath it finishing my new Atwood book.

    Keep it up lady - you make beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts