Caught Unawares

While filling out yet another job application, I was asked to answer this question: What makes you an outstanding educator? Please refer to a lesson you have taught and/or describe specific achievements of your students during the past year.

I started crying as I tried to answer the damn thing. Why? It was the part about "during the last year" that got me. This question, coupled with Adam admonishing me to "have a good day at work" this morning as I left to workout, forgetting that I had no work to go to, was just too much for me.

As I tear up yet again, I'm trying to figure out why. I think it is because I really and truly miss my students. Do you hear me out there, students? I miss you.

Comments

  1. Big hug siester. I admire how passionate you are about your teaching. Hang in there with all of this in-between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome and some school will realize that soon. Some school that's actually going to APPRECIATE all the things you do for your students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts