Comma and the Squirrel

A few days ago I put out some black oil seed for the birds who have been pillaging my hanging basket liners to build their nests.  The birds are adorable.  They fly down from the rain gutter across the way where they are building, pull just the right fiber from the coconut liner, and fly back to the nest.

The birds stopped visiting so much, and I put the seeds out to encourage them to continue visiting.  Comma thinks the bird visits are better than TV.

Yesterday, Comma's Kitty-Vision got a new channel: The Squirrel Pig-Out.


Comma watched for nearly 45 minutes as first one, then two squirrels demolished all of the seed I had out.  I would estimate it was nearly 2 cups scattered in the hanging basket, on the patio, and in the path leading to our patio.  These squirrels were looking awfully tubby when they finally rolled away.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts