Finished One!

I have finally finished a quilt from start to finish. It is small. It is flannel. It is for Cecilia!

I have tried not to make it too girly. This was a challenge as most baby flannel is either pale pink or pale blue. I was pleased to find the bold flower pattern with the orange retro feel. I think it helped to enliven the stripes and tone on tone prints that I found.


I used six different fabrics, a half yard of each, and cut the blocks for the front first then used the remainder of the fabric to make the backing by patching it all together. I think the result is pretty and fun for a little girl.


And the quilting? Well, that was interesting. I used my own machine for that and learned a lot about what I can do easily and what I might be better off paying to have done. I can do straight lines and free form swirls with some success, but the curved interlocking lines that I tried were frustrating and did not come out as elegant as I had hoped.

What's left to do? I need to wash the blanket to erase the pen I used to trace the pattern on to the quilt and then wrap it up for Ariel to take with her to Il. It feels pretty good to have a quilt finished.

Comments

Popular Posts