Wedding Extravaganza

This weekend I had the pleasure of supporting one of my best girlfriends as she made a step towards getting the wedding planned: dress selection. Let me tell you, dress shopping with Kari is like shoe shopping times 10. I got to see her in four different dresses in just under two and a half hours. This extended dress-up was punctuated with the wedding court in attendance, Paige, Kim and I, with flower girl, Katie, and mother-of-the-bride, Karen, playing dress-up as well.

The dress was selected, and Kari will be beautiful on the day.

Lunch at the Elk followed with typical Elk service and patio chit-chat. There was some fawning over Nikko when he made a cameo appearance with dad, but most of the conversation centered around one particular wedding of the day and the wedding to come! Kim had two weddings to attend, so did not stay to eat, but returned between the two events to dish to the curious crowd.

Can I just say, when you can't afford your kids you should not have a second wedding with crazy expensive dresses, limos, and venue changes!

On the way home, I stopped in Tri-Cities and visited with Jess, Mike, T, and Jess's mom. They are canning up a storm today and tomorrow. Seems everyone is getting the craft bug and trying to be self-sufficient about things. Those of you that know Jess, know that this is nothing new for her, but it does seems to make my number of canning friends go up.

T-Minus 61 days until my 30th birthday.

Comments

Popular Posts