T-Minus, like, Nine Hours

Tomorrow, Monday the 21st of September, I have another go at my ablation. I'm wondering how it will go. Hopefully, it will go better than the last one.

This weekend, to keep me entertained and my mind off the impending event, Vicki came down from Seattle and we went shopping around town.

Yesterday I took her to three of my favorite fabric stores. At the first one, Sharron's Attic, I wanted to get an estimate on getting some of my quilts machine quilted. No success on this goal because the guy, yes-- GUY, who does it was out of town with his machine at a "machine quilting convention" and will not be back until next week. However, I did score some cool chalk marking tools for making stitching lines on a quilt top.

The second store, The Pine Needle, had tons of wonderful fat quarters. If you don't know what a fat quarter is count yourself lucky and ask me when you start quilting yourself. There I found several good golden toned pieces that will work in a purple and gold project I am working on. I like this quilt shop because they have the best examples all over the store. You can see a pattern in two or three different fabric combinations and get a feel for how your choices can influence the final product. In fact, they have a pattern that I have used twice now, and when I pointed it out to Vicki she did not realize it was the same design.

Then we went to The Fabric Depot. I warned Vicki about how overwhelmed I was the first time I went to this store. A fabric store the size of Costco? You must be exaggerating! Nope. You can ask Ariel if you don't believe me. We wandered about this store for about an hour and only got a general overview of what they have. Vicki wanted to look for fabric for a jacket she wants to make, and we found some nice things, but the yardage that is needed for the damn thing was so poorly worded I couldn't make heads or tails of the directions. Thus, the purchase was aborted and will need to be worked out a bit before a final decision will be made.

Today was the Saturday Market, Pix Patisserie, and The Russel Street BBQ. Vicki and I went to Pix's before the Russel Street and had our desert before the main course. Here are some pictures from Pix.



This dessert is called the "SHAZAM!" and is a bit sparkly on the outside. It is filled with caramel, caramel mousse, and a cookie of some sort. The chocolate started melting in the sun and Vicki tucked into it quickly after I took these photos.

I had a dessert called the "Ichabod Creme" and it was a pumpkin creme brule with some fancy chocolate bird's nest with candied walnuts in the nest. I loved the "Sleepy Hollow" reference and I love pumpkin. Needless to say, it did not last long enough to get a picture of it. You'll need to go see it for yourself.

When we got back to the house, I finished another quilt top. It is red, black, and white. Big surprise. It is smaller than the first one that I did, has a darker feel because of the skull fabric that I used for part of it, and is going to be something that I can practice quilting with my own machine. The one I did for Cecilia was a good start, but I need more practice before I start thinking I can do much more than a straight line or a glorified scribbly line. When it's done I'll show it to you all.

I can't wait for Ariel to get here. 11 days to go.

Comments

Popular Posts