Sunny Days

I don't know if you know this about me, but I love the sun. I love the way it turns my skin nutty brown, I love the way it warms me, and I love the lazy feeling that comes with a good long sit by the poolside.

I think today was one of the last sunny afternoons of pool sitting for this year. I sat for an hour and a half and read a book. Not an AP worthy book. No, pool sitting requires a certain level of trashiness in a novel. Today I read the last installment of "The Vampire Diaries" series by L. J. Smith. It is trashy, has a WB t.v. series that premiers tonight, and I could have told you the plot line for each of the four books after reading half of the first. Yep, it's a kid book. Young Adult Horror to be clear.

Pool sitting this late in the year is a treat, and I appreciated the dry rustle of the leaves in the trees and the dull hum of the last bees of the year. This is one of the simple pleasures in life: taking the time to do nothing on a sunny afternoon.

Ciao.

Comments

Popular Posts