Fire and Ice Quilt


This is the most recent quilt to be finished during the insanity of moving.  I call it my "fire and ice" quilt.  It is a strip quilt of red and blue fabrics that I made by cutting 3 inch strips of fabric and playing Janga to get them to fit together the way I wanted them.


On the back I used a grey pattern that reminds me of both charcoal and snowflakes to keep with the "fire and ice" thing.


Here is Adam holding the quilt in the kitchen for me.  If you look in the black or dark red strips you can see the variegated black to white quilting thread I used on the front and back.  The quilting is done free motion in long, long straight passes back and forth that mimic the strips.  Most of the fabrics still needed to be washed, so the quilt will "pucker" around the stitching after it's washed giving it a nice worn in feel.


Here is the back.  You can get a feeling for the overall stitching on this side.

Not a bad job.  This is yet another wedding quilt for our friends, Wes and Kris.  They are getting married in September.  Adam and Wes are besties, and was to be the Best Man, but we will be leaving for Turkey in August.  I HAD to get this done before we left!

Comments

  1. Very nice! I really like the first picture, too.. will this one still be around so I can see it in person when I'm over Monday or Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping it to take to the "first and last" show and tell for the PMQG, so, yes, it will be around!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts