Some Finished Projects

As many of you know, my friend Kari is getting married this summer.  I have finished her wedding present at last!  It has been in the works for nearly a year, but I got the binding on it last weekend and now have pictures to show off.


This is what it looks like from the side, all folded up.  I think it gives you a good idea of the color pallet I used.


This quilt started with the inspiration fabric, the pink flower print, and then I found solids and tonal prints that supported that fabric.  I used chocolate brown as my grounding fabric to make it less "pink and girlie" for Chris, and the lime green was so fresh and "plant-y" that I had to use it too.


Here is a close up of the quilting.  I had it done at The Quilted Hill in Yamhill, OR.  I asked the lady who does the quilting, she is the owner, to use a geometric pattern.  I really love how it turned out.


I know this one is a bit fuzzy, but I had to show you the backing fabric so you could see why I've been calling this my "pink quilt".  The backing is five yards of hot pink batik, and Kari will love it!


This one gives you a good idea of the boarder and the binding.  The binding is the same Kona dark brown that I used in the squares.

If you want to find the pattern, I used the "Hip to be Square" pattern by Busy Bee Quilt Designs.  It is the same pattern that I used for my red and black quilt.  I think the two look so totally different that I may try that same pattern with another color family.


By the by, we are in full blown moving mode!  Look at what has happened to my sewing table (in the foreground) and my sewing machine and surger (in the background)!  How is a girl to get her last projects done before we leave?  Tomorrow I'm going to clean this area up and get to work on Wes and Kris's wedding gift.  I'm going to quilt theirs myself because it is a couch cuddle size.  I'll let you know how that goes.  It will be the biggest one I have tried to do, so wish me luck.

Comments

  1. Ah ha... and now I find YOU via PMQG back! Love you quilt... everything about it. I've liked Hip To Be Square from the start... but your colors, scales and fabrics kicked it up a notch for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Hip to be Square" pattern is SO EASY to make and it looks very cool every time I have seen it done as a sample.

    I'm a fan of the "inspiration" fabric to base a color pallet from. Keeping in mind who the quilt is for and where it will (most likely) go, I love the challenge of making things work.

    Wow, I just quoted Tim Gunn's Project Runway tag line.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts