Funk

The word on the street is "funk" and man have I been living it lately.  I think that I have expressed, in the last weekend, several levels of funk in my life, and some how things are settling on the not so great variety of funk for now.

First, let me walk you through all of the weekend funk.

Friday night was me getting my "funk" on on the dance floor.  There is a bar over near the air force base that plays some booty shaking music, and me and my girls went to blow off some end of year steam.  The place, "Cheers", was PACKED and I had a great time.  If you have ever seen me on the dance floor, you know I love it and I sometimes have a hard time toning it down out there.


Saturday morning I proctored the SAT here on campus.  This was "funky" only in that way that high school boys start to smell on hot summer days.  Not a great kind of funky, but it was over soon enough and I escaped to the patio to lay in the sun and drink sangria with some other girls here on campus (there are A LOT of single girls on campus).  This was funky in a "I-can't-believe-this-is-really-my-life" sort of amazing funky. 

Warning: this video is pretty hard to watch, but I put it in just for some comic relief.  (As opposed to the Tone Loc video that I posted because I'm serious? Humm...)


Saturday night was funky in a "whoa, that was weird/funky" way.  I started playing a murder mystery role playing game with some friends, but I had to bail to Skype with Kari (yeah for Kari and Skype!).  When I went back to the game, things were weird in a "someone had a melt down" sort of way.  The evening vibe was hard to rectify, but we all worked on it until we could leave feeling a bit better about things.

I must mention that the murder mystery evening was super fun.  You can see the game we played here.  If you've got some friends who can commit to a crazy accent or costume, I'd make this happen for the next get together!

Then Sunday came and went with a bang.  Literally, a bang.  The elementary school was having its "Spring Fest" and there were about 500 people on campus, super LOUD music all day, and screaming kids all over the place.  This was one of the funky/bad things about living on campus: you don't always have a nice relaxing weekend.

And that brings us to today, and I'm in a grumpy/funk about a few things.  None of the things are all that bad if taken one at a time, but things are piling up, and this is making me fell down in the dumps.  Today I had to be reminded by the School Director's personal assistant to breathe because I was starting to have a bit of a melt down. 

*Big Sigh*

I'll get through it.  I only need to make it four more days until I can go to the beach on Saturday and relax my cares away. 






Just four more days...


Comments

Popular Posts