Worst (Stupid) Sunburn Ever

A few weeks ago, I was chillin' on the Med enjoying one of the perks of teaching in Turkey.  The day was great: the sun was out, the water was calm, and there were great people to chat with around me. You can revisit the images here.

After that great day of hanging out, during which I was mindful to liberally apply and re-apply 50 SPF sunscreen, got home and discovered I had a sunburn the next day.

At first I did not realize that I was burnt.  Like I said, I applied and re-applied sunscreen all day. However, my hand really started to hurt around my wedding ring, so I tried to take it off, thinking the heat was making my hands swell.

There wasn't any swelling from the heat.

What I discovered was a nasty blister under my ring that had popped as I tried to pry my ring off.

I guess I missed a spot when I was applying all that sunscreen. 

Nasty ring! Look what it did to my finger!

I hypothesis that the diamond in my ring caused the sun to be intensified on that one spot and it fried thought the 50 SPF like it was nothing leaving me with a blister and the inability to wear my ring for several days. 

I was telling this story at dinner the other night and I got no sympathy and a referral to WhiteWhine.com and first-world-problems.com.  I guess I deserved that. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts