Roughing It

The last few weeks have been filled with the normal end of year school stuff, grades, organizing files, and paperwork, but is has also been filled with some pretty great time with my friends.  Everyone has been super great at keeping me busy since Adam left.  It's making the time until I see him again go faster.


This is Elcin and I having lunch to celebrate her moving to New York.  She has been my Pilates teacher here and I have been her English teacher.  We have gotten to know each other pretty well through two years of chit-chat.  I wish her the beat of luck teaching Pilates there and I hope she is happy. 


After graduation at school, some of us loaded up and went dancing out near the Air Force Base.  Oriana and Christy were there.


Ann and I were there!

 

And Carole was there! We all had a great, and sweaty, time dancing that night.  I would definitely do it again soon.


Yesterday, a few of us got a driver to take us to Kizkalesi (look at the "B" pin on the map).  As you can see from the picture above, we were roughing it pretty bad: beach chairs, cushions, books and all the sun you can ask for.

Thanks to "Turbo Fire" I'm in great shape!

We did do some work yesterday.  This is me posing triumphantly after swimming out the the castle and back.  The sea was calm and had just a bit of tidal pull, so it took about 25 minutes out and 25 minutes back.  Later in the day Christy and Raeanne attempted it again but the current was so strong that they only made it to the buoy line which is about 50 meters out.

The whole time I was swimming, I was thinking about Chloe Spedden and how much she would love to make this swim with me.  She would have beat all of us there and back!


To break up the day of sun and swimming, Christy and I had lunch at a hotel just off the beach.  The hotel is run by a cousin of Matt's (Matt is married to Oriana, who I work with) named Pat and his wife Saadet.  I love eating here because Pat makes some of the best, okay... the best, sausage I have had in Turkey.  He also makes a killer drink for hanging out on the beach!  

So, as these last few weeks pass before I get to see Adam again, I'll be keeping myself busy and suffering the best way I know how: at the beach with my friends!

Comments

Popular Posts