Matt and Oriana's Quilt


 Last summer, I made a quilt for Matt and Oriana.  They had gotten married near here at an ancient cave church in Cappidocia, Turkey.  They have been really good friends to Adam and I, and we will be sad to have them far away.  Oriana and Matt are looking for the next big adventure in their life, and it will probably will take them away from here.


 Anyway, back to the quilt. 


I wanted to make something clean and modern for them, so I decided to use "snow" for the large fields of color.  I know white is not a color, but I like how clean and fresh it makes the quilt feel.

As for the purple, green and teal combo, I got this by going though my stash and seeing what I had that could work together.

Lisa Bartee had given me the entire like if "Tufted Tweets" as a going away gift before I left for Turkey.  I have been dying to do something with it, and the little birds really worked for this project.


You see, Adam and I are from Portland, Oregon, and we have gotten Matt and Oriana into "Portlandia".  In particular, there is a "put a bird on it" skit that is very Portland.  In fact, there is a store in Hillsboro, just west of PDX, that is called "Art on a Lark".  For some reason we really Portlanders really like birds on things.


So, using the purple "Tufted Tweets" and the Portland connection as my inspiration, I made some applique birds in "coal".  I thought it was sweet to have to "love birds" on a wedding gift.


I hope that Matt and Oriana have this quilt for many years and that they think of Adam and I fondly when they look at it.


Comments

Popular Posts