It's July, Yo

July.  The official start to the teacher summer is here.

I am safely ensconsed in the US of A for a few weeks this summer and things are going fine.  I have obtained a wireless keyboard for my iPad (Yeah for easier typing!), and I have also discovered that there are Starbucks in the world that offer a nice selection of beer and wine (but only in the evenings according to the menu).

Things have changed some, but they are also staying the same.  Seattleites get burned the first time the sun comes out for the year and people complain about how hot it is or isn't.  The selection of food is AMAZING and that is evident in the side of bottoms on the chairs around me.  Homes are remodeled, and this causes strife and joy at times.  Babies are born and baby quilts are made which brings all great joy.

My nieces and nephew get older and surprise me all the time.  Harp was singing to me? at me? on the phone today and Ben has a mohawk. Ceci's is getting bigger and her blond hair reminds me so much of how Ariel looked at her age.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts