Vienna: Christmas Markets and Natural History

It has become a tradition of mine to go to a Christmas Market each year since I moved to Turkey.  This year, Adam and I met up in Vienna.

Normally, it is all about the Christmas Markets.  This year, we were up and going much before the markets opened on Saturday morning, so we decided to stop in for a few hours at the Natural History Museum.

This is one of the several mineral rooms.

Me and an ancient monster.  It would totally eat me.

Adam and one of the dinos.

Me and a dino.  Again it would eat me!

Adam looking sad at the Dodo.

Me and Adam on the beautiful stairs.  I'm not really that tan, he is just really that pale.

There really were some Christmas Markets visited!

Just a random statue near one of the markets.

We stopped in at a traditional Viennese coffee house for a snack.

Every town has a cathedral, right?

The super cute cobblestone alley that lead to our hotel.
Overall, I was fairly underwhelmed by the Christmas Markets in Vienna, but Adam and I had a great time sightseeing.  I don't think I'll be returning here in the winter, but maybe in a future summer for a music festival.

Comments

Popular Posts