February Reading List

This month the reading list is a bit thin for me. What with the trip to Illinois, via Boston, a baby shower, and all of the new job stuff, reading books has been on the back burner.

1. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger- Not really that great of a book. The story is what I expected as it is a Hollywood movie. If you need something to read on the plane, like I did, then it is not a bad option.

2. The Body Project by Joan Jacobs Brumberg- This book is fascinating. It is non-fiction and researches how women have looked at themselves over the last 150 years or so. It looks at diaries to see what adolescent girls deal with and how they think about themselves. It also looks at medical views and media vies of "woman's issues" and tracks how things have changed. I strongly suggest this for all women and anyone with a woman in his life.

3. - 4. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling- I'm still reading my way through this series. I still love it.

And that's it for February. Not a long list like January, but not bad at a book a week. I have also been reading up on some Turkey travel guides, but not whole books worth of info. I have also started to learn Turkish, which is taking some of the time I would otherwise have for reading.

Cheers until next month's reading list.

Comments

  1. I've been rereading books that I've read a billion times before.

    I'd like to borrow The Body Project, though (if you didn't sell it to Powells already). I'm sure I can get it back to you before you move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard good thing about The Body Project. I'm happy to read it on your recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts