Spring Time Dresses


So the calendar says that it is spring time, but this week the weather was fighting it. To warm up the house on Tuesday, I made some peanut butter cookies. I was talking to Adam and we both think that this was the first time I made this type of cookies since we started dating until now. For those of you in the know, that is almost nine years.


I used a "Farm Chicks in the Kitchen" recipe. It was easy, as all peanut butter cookies are, and added a bit of honey for sweetness. In the future I think I'll add more peanut butter and less real butter to make the flavor more intense.

This last weekend at the farmer's market, I opted to get some ranunculus instead of tulips. I think they are opening up nicely and have a bit of a wildness to them that spring time invokes.


I think this is my new favorite shot. I like how the blooms flattened out into the coffee table background and the stems pop forward.


I have also finished two new dresses: one for Grace and one for Olivia. Their birthday is this month and I'll be seeing them next week. I wanted to make them something for the spring time and these little jumpers look good with leggings and a t-shirt. I also made matching headbands for each dress.


The dresses are so light feeling, I chose to contrast the lightness with the black buttons and ric-rac. I have yet to decide who gets which dress, so if you have a view let me know.


One dress is a bit more girly than the other. I just hope the girls like them.


If they don't, they are also getting a selection of books. You know I, the English teacher, love to give people books. For the girls I got a selection of books that I remember reading as some of my first books: Pippi Longstocking, A Little Princess, The Secret Garden, Ralph S. Mouse, and a few more for good measure. Grace and Olivia are turning 7, so I figure they should be able to read some chapter books now, and can have mom and Kevin reading more interesting bedtime stories to them.

Comments

Popular Posts