Two More DONE!

I have finished two more quilts. The fronts you have seen before so I took pictures of the back, so you can see the quilting, and close-ups of some of the front.

This is the one I did with "curves" as the inspiration. Not all of it is very good, but the overall quilting improved as I got closer to the end. You can see that I tried lots of different things on this one. I think I would have liked a more unified design with how strongly the thread shows up on the back. I'll take note for next time.

Comma likes to investigate what I'm up too. She made for good scale, so I left her in the shot.


These are some close-ups of the dark thread on the front of the quilt. The dark thread quilt was inspired by "square". I think the quilting really appeals to me more in this one. I like the angles and how they play together, more than the curves and how they looked in the end.

This first one is a take on the Greek Key idea.


This one is just freehand straight lines really close to each other in the background of the block pattern. You can also see how great the binding turned out on the quilts.


This one reminds me of the game I use to play as a kid. The one where each player gets to draw a line between two dots, and when you get nearly done, it looks like a huge maze. That point jsut before the chain reactions are set off. Do you all know that game?


This is how the dark thread looks from the back. I like that it is harder to see, but still visible.


If you got to vote, which back would you choose? Do you like the high contrast or the low contrast with the back? Keep in mind that the low contrast back has a high contrast front, and the high contrast back has a low contrast front. You'll notice that I did not include any pictures of the light thread on the front side. That is because the thread really disappeared on most of the squares and was really difficult to photograph.

Comments

  1. Tough choice; I'll have to see them in person.

    I really like the square where you did the close-together lines in the background. It looks very neat.

    I also like the variety of different patterns you did! I'd never thought of doing that. How modern of you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts