Longing

Every time I walk to the train station, I pass a shop that sells sewing machines.  They have Bernina, and Singer, and Janome, and Brother.  They all sit in the window ready to be used and I just glance quickly at them and hurry on my way.

I would love to have a sewing machine to use here, but I can't justify the time suck that it would become, nor can I justify the amount of money I would funnel away from the travel budget to buy fabric. 

So I shuffle quickly past the store and try not to think about it.

This week has been hard not to because it is so rainy and I just want to cuddle up under a quilt.  But no one quilts here, and we have nothing resembling a quilt to cuddle under.  If I had all of my stash, I would have one whipped up in no time, but I don't. 

I shall try to replace quilting with some scrapbooking.  I have a great album, and lots of pictures to put in it.  Maybe I can get inspired and write captions like Ariel does about all of her travels. 

Comments

Popular Posts