What a difference a Week Makes

Last week at this time I was in shock mode watching the footage of the earthquake/tsunami in Japan. I was riveted to the news feeds because my brother, Josh, and Krista, his soon to be bride, were there for work. The images were startling and the sheer number of people who have been displaced made it hard to watch, let alone the individual images of little old men who were looking for a lost family member.

My family is safe, so now the interest turns to the threat of a nuclear meltdown as power plant after power plant has lost the ability to cool the nuclear waste even though safety procedures should keep a Chernobyl from happening.

Josh says the Western media outlets are blowing things out of control, and the Western media outlets say that Japanese authorities are down playing the issues, so who do you believe?
Anyway, now that that scare has been downgraded to mildly frightening, I have been getting things in order for a visit from John and Vicki! We've got travel plans for the week all worked out, and we have even managed to plan some time for a house back ride. I hope the weather cooperates and things go well for us.

I’ve also been baking some cakes and other bits to pass the time. I found a lavender lemon coffee cake that is to die for! I made it for the office staff and everyone loved it, so that is pretty high praise for an American style cake. You can find it here if you’d like to try it.

Also to pass the time, I have been working out with the girls here on campus. We have started doing the “Beach Body Insanity” program that is from the same people who do the P90X infomercials. I gotta tell you that this workout is one of the hardest I have ever done in my life. Not that I was out of shape to start with, but I’m now eating all of the cakes I make with NO GUILT at all. That is one of the nice things about working out!

There is that and I have two new bikinis coming with Vicki. I can’t wait to wear them as we take a Mediterranean cruise this May. I’ll be able to go back to the States with a great tan!

Comments

Popular Posts