Beautiful PDX Day

Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing my friend, Jessica Carter, for lunch. She was making a quick trip in from the Tri-Cities to make an Ikea run. We ate at Malay Satay on SE 82nd. It is one of my favorite places here in PDX and they have some of the best fried dough in the world. The Malaysians call their fired bread rati canai, and it is WONDERFUL.

We sat and talked for hours. It was great to see her without a kid in tow, well, almost no kid in tow. She is prego and is never REALLY without a kid at the moment. Yesterday was nearly as pretty as it is today. You can see in this photo how clear and blue the sky is and how bright the afternoon sun is on our faces! It makes me wonder when I can get out the suit and sit by the pool to soak up some rays.


Today is a beautiful day here in Portland. The sun is shining, my slider is open, and Comma is sitting in the sunbeam enjoying the fresh air. Adam has gone on a motorcycle ride to Corvallis to get some journal articles from obscure scientific publications and I am working on his new shirt.

I hate the cutting out process for making clothing. HATE IT! Which is why I have taken a moment to blog. Below you will see where I took the break. I have (re)ironed all of the fabric, ironed all of the pattern pieces, and set out the pieces for cutting. Why jam jars you ask. Well, pinning things takes time, and adds to my loathing of the process. So I have taken to using heavy things, like jam jars, to weigh the pieces down for cutting.


When I got home from my trip, Adam brought me my favorite flower, tulips, as a welcome home. I think they are pretty enough to share with you all.


Comments

Popular Posts