RIP Waffle Maker

You may not know this about me and my husband, but we love Sunday morning coffee, bacon, and waffles. Pretty much in that order. We have been making this breakfast religiously since we got married 18 months (nearly to the day) ago.

This last weekend, while making said breakfast, the waffle maker died mid-waffle. We both had coffee in hand, Adam was minding the sizzling bacon, and I was making my first waffle of the morning when *CRASH*, the handle of the machine came off in my hand and the lid went slamming down onto the cradle. We have a maker like this, in case you need a visual to help understand this tragedy.

With some careful managing of the machine, we were both able to enjoy breakfast, but I fear it was the last one with this waffle maker. Now the question is whether to replace the maker and continue with our Sunday morning tradition, or to switch to another bread-based breakfast item. I would vote for french toast, but Adam hates eggs and will veto my vote. Adam would vote for pancakes, but I hate pancakes and will veto his vote. Biscuits? No-- because it's hard to justify putting maple syrup on them. Monkey bread? No-- still can't be used as a maple syrup delivery device.

So I guess I'm stuck with only one option: go get anther waffle press. That is, unless you have one that you never use (perhaps it was a wedding gift like ours was?) and would like to donate it to us?

Our Sunday mornings would be eternally grateful if you did.

Comments

  1. This is sad news. I vote you get a new one. Really, 78 weekend uses since being married, that's more than any waffle maker in any one house I've ever known. Some people are hard on shoes. You are just hard on waffle irons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts