Alive and Well and No Pictures

Adam and I have returned from Oslo, and both of us have fallen in love with the city.  We want to go back.  Adam wants to go back in the summer, but I'd go any time.

It was good and cold while we were there, and it even snowed a skif a few times in the morning for me.  The brisk air makes you feel alive as it hits the bottom of your lungs, strangely burning with the force of the cold air.  The snow gave me a good, styrofoamy crunch a few times and that is a sweet sound to these ears.

I am a bit jealous of all of the snow and ice that my friends and family are having right now.  Not that I wish poor driving conditions on anyone, but seeing the news footage of feet and feet of snow makes me long for a good wax on my skis, an extra layer under my ski pants, and some early season tracks.  The rest of you will just need to make a few extra trips up the mountain in my honor this season.

But, back to Oslo. 

There was a castle, lots of bacon, English bookstores, museums of all sorts, Christmas orniments, and lutefisk for Adam and reindeer for me.  I promise I will put some pictures up soon  so you can see the great big smile on Adam's face as he was eating his special dinner.

Trying to keep my creative side going, I bought a book to use for making a scrapbook of our time here.  I'm hoping that I can make it interesting for people to look at and fun for me to make.  I've been missing my sewing and got some fabric to use in a quilt when we return to the states.  I don't know how many years it will be until the fabric gets used, but I do know that each time I look at it I'll think of the wonderful time I had with Adam in Oslo.

Adam's started a collection of "drinking vessels" from the places we visit.  He has purchased a Viking drinking horn, is planning on getting a stein in Germany in a ew weeks, and is on the lookout for other worldly drinking glasses.  You'll need to ask him for pictures of this.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts