NaNo Update

Today I passed the 10,000 word mark.  That means I am just over 20% to my goal of 50,000 words.  I know that doesn't sound like much progress, but it  feels like a ton.  Scrivener, the program I am using to write in, tells me that I have 47 printed pages of text.

47!!  The longest thing I have ever written before was in college and that was my Masters Thesis which was broken up into many sections on several different topics.  None of those sections were close to 47 pages.  At this rate my book will be about 250 pages printed!  (I am taking 50x5 here.  Yes I know I'm rounding, but I teach English not math so cut me some slack.)

I'm feeling really proud of myself today.

Tonight there will be Thai food cooked by Patti, and some cake after.  Tomorrow we go on a day trip and may come home with our first Turkish rug.  Well, that's the hope.

I'm enjoying all of life today, and as it is my birthday, I think I deserve it.

Comments

  1. Yay for novel writing! Go, you!

    Happy Birthday. I hope you got an awesome rug.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts