Caramel Corn Goodness

It's the holiday season and to me that means baking and making confections of all sorts. 

Last night, one of the girls here on campus was having a little holiday get together.  I got home, had some dinner, and then thought, "I'm feeling like some caramel corn."

I found this recipe, made sure I had the needed ingredients, and went to work.

Did I mention that the party started at 7:30 and it was 6:35 when I started?

Here's what happened:

I found the popcorn and measured out some golden goodness.

I made four small batches of popped corn so that I could keep from burning it.
I added all of the butter, sugars, and some salt and then brought it to a boil.


I got the vanilla and soda ready, as well as the popped corn and baking dishes.

After the popped corn was tossed in the big silver bowl, I put it in two big cake pans and baked it in the oven for about 40 minutes.  Remember to stir it every ten minutes!

The end product was pretty delicious!  The most common comment was, "How did you DO this?" and then they would shove a hand full of the caramel corn into their mouth.

It's totally easy to impress people who don't cook. 

I guess I was in the mmod for caramel corn because I remember making it with mom years and years ago at the white house.  I still am surprised when I add the soda to the hot sugars and it starts to foam!


Comments

Popular Posts