Tivoli Gardens

This picture just about sums up what Tivoli Gardens was like last week.  

For those of you who don't know what Tivoli Gardens is, or where it is, or why it's a big deal, here is a brief history.

Tivoli Gardens is one of the oldest amusement parks in the world.  It runs year round, and it has tons of shows that it brings into keep things new and interesting.  Walt Disney visited Tivoli Gardens several times when he was working on his own ideas for an amusement park.

Pretty trees and rides... What great lights!

The place is really magical in the winter.  We went after dark and entering through the massive gates really fells like you are being transported to a different world. 


The amount of lights that this place uses is amazing.  It would have been nice to be there with Adam because all of the twinkle lights were romantic.


The theme for this year's Christmas Village is "Russian Village" and you can see the matryoshka dolls all ready to go.


Santa's village was really impressive.  I know it doesn't seem like it in the photo, but I think it was the best Santa set up I have ever seen.  I should have paid the 20$ to sit in Santa's sleigh just so I could check it out a little better.


I think this is part of St. Peters Cathedral... but in amusement park style.


This is a picture of the walk way that runs between all of the stalls near the entrance.  Hot candies nuts, glogg, and warm hats were the big sellers I think.


 This is one of the many buildings at the park that house restaurants.  I don't know what was in it for sure, but the outside was sure pretty to look at.


Tivoli even has its own China Town.  Not that I saw any actually Chinese food, but the red lanterns were a nice mood maker.


The final touch, just to make Santa feel at home, were the reindeer that were dozing in the blue light of the 40 foot peacock. 

The amount of lights and ornaments that this place had up was amazing.  I really wonder what it looks like in the summer.  I don't know if I think it could get any better than it was.

Comments

  1. Wow, that looks like a very cool place. I love the mini St. Peter's Cathedral especially.

    Also, regarding today's comment, your tweet absolutely does count, and thank you so much for supporting us! Consider yourself entered into the contest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts