November Reading List

November was an interesting month, what with grades due, parent meetings, a big Thanksgiving dinner here on campus, oh ya, and that NaNoWriMo thing I was doing. 

The good news is that I made my NaNo goal.  The bad news is that this month's reading list is slim.

1. "Monster" by A. Lee Martinez-- Because I loved "Divine Misfortune" by this author, I got this for the Nook and used it for some inspiration.  Again, this guy is funny, irreverent, and isn't afraid to poke things with a stick that most people try and ignore.  I like him, and you should too!

2. "Reach: Building Communities and Networks for Professional Development" by Jeff Utecht-- This is a non-fiction book (not that you needed that pointed out to you with a title like this one!) and I was reading it for a class that I am trying to finish so that I can keep my teaching license current.  This book is interesting and in the same vein as "The Tipping Point" that I read last month.  It talks about how teachers can better use connections to make teaching more interesting and less work.

And that's it...

I'm nearly done with "Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern, who started this novel during a NaNoWriMo writing effort, but I'll save that for this month's list. 


Comments

Popular Posts